Robusta Coffee

Robusta coffee grows in Kagera region in the north west of Tanzania.

Robusta, the coffee introduces in Tanzania was brought to the Bukoba District of Kagera by homecoming warloads from Congo and the Gabon early in the 17th Century. It continued to be used as traditional item of ritual performance, stimulant and vital source of strength for many years later, until when it was commercialized in the beginning of 20th century,

Kagera Robusta and natural Arabica coffee grown there account for 25% of some 800,000 bags (50 kgs@) of Tanzania’s annual coffee output. The remainder, 75% is the component of washed Arabica.