- When members collect and market their coffee together ,they create a fund to which deductions against coffee sales are deposited to assist members’ children in attaining education, health services and other basic needs.
- This chance is usually wasted when coffee is collected by private buyers, who most of the times lack a collective responsibility drive
- The fair trade social premium has been another element which enables KCU Ltd members to remain together as they jointly enjoy the benefits of being related to the fair trade movement.
- This premium has enabled our members to construct and improve roads and bridges to their crop collection centers
Nursery school children at Katoma Primary School in Bukoba Rular District
- Classrooms and health services have been constructed out of some fair trade social premium which cements not only the relationship within our members, but also creates a strong partnership between KCU members and fair trade buyers.